Welcome! Complete this form to turn power on at your new home or business. If you're moving to another home within our service area, you can transfer your electricity account.
If we require your signature or a security deposit, we will notify you.
Please note: Information submitted through this form will be encrypted for your security.
Would you like to start electricity service at a residential or commercial property?
Would you like to open this account in your name or your business name?
Fields marked with * are mandatory
Please enter a valid email address.
* Do you agree to receive correspondence containing news, updates and promotions regarding Newfoundland Power's products and electric service and related services and programs?
* Please provide a Telephone number at which you can be reached in the event we need to discuss your request.
* Please provide one of the following forms of identification: Driver Licence, Passport Number, Birth Certificate Number, or Other.
* Are you currently employed elsewhere?
* Are you currently employed?
Work Telephone Number must be 10 digits
* Do you have a spouse or co-occupant(s)?
* Do you have a business partner(s)?
* Please provide the name(s) and identification of your spouse or co-occupant(s)
* Please provide the name(s) and identification of your business partner(s)
* Will your spouse or co-occupant(s) also be responsible for electricity bills at this address?
* Is the partner(s) responsible for electricity costs at this address?
What is the address of your new property?
If the property does not have a civic address or is newly constructed, please provide directions to the property starting from a main road and include a description of the property such as the color and style of the property, and any identifying landmarks. This information is important to help our technical and line staff to locate your property.
* Would you like the mailing address for this account to be the same as above?
* Please provide a Mailing Address for this property
* Are you renting or buying this property?
* Do you know the previous customer's name or account information?
*Have you ever had electrical service in your name from Newfoundland Power at another residence?
* Is this property newly constructed (no prior electrical connection)?
New ConstructionPlease provide the building contractor's name and contact information
Is the new property in a subdivision?
Please display lot number clearly in a front window.
To help us set-up your meter-reading route, please provide the name of a next-door neighbour if you are aware of this information.
* Do you know the name of a next-door neighbour?
* What is the style of this home?
* What is the primary heating fuel used?
* What is the primary heating system?
* Is there a supplementary heating system?
* What is the primary water heating fuel used?
As part of our online Customer Self Service options, Newfoundland Power will send your electricity bill conveniently through email. Once your request for new service has been completed, you will receive an email containing a link to confirm your email address. It is very important to complete this step; otherwise your bill will be mailed to you. An email notification will be sent to you each month with your bill attached in PDF format. Click here to learn more about ebills.
Once your new account is active, logon to My Account for billing and other convenient self service options.
Sign up for our Automated Payment Plan and have the amount of your electricity bill automatically deducted from your bank account each month.
Would you like your monthly payment automatically paid from your bank account?
By submitting this application for electrical service, you agree to enter into a binding contract with Newfoundland Power for the provision of electrical service.
The terms of this contract, including the rates and fees charged for electrical service, are approved by the Board of Commissioners of Public Utilities of Newfoundland and Labrador. Copies of the Rates, Rules and Regulations are available online or upon request.
An application for service fee of $8.00 plus HST will be applied to your account and will appear on your first month's electricity bill.
If a security deposit or Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC) is required or if Newfoundland Power requires you to sign an Electrical Service Contract, one of our Customer Service Representatives will contact you.
You also agree that to the best of your knowledge the information provided on this form is accurate and complete.
Sorry, but transfer electricity services is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
Thank you for opening your electricity account online. We hope you continue to use our website for fast, convenient service and energy management advice.
An error has occurred. Please try again later.
Learn how to save money and energy with takeCHARGE rebates and programs.